Tuesday, March 1, 2011

500 / 100... TWO Milestones in ONE Week...

I am way, way, way outside my comfort zone.

You see the Guy to the left, the one with the AWESOME hair...


He weighs 607lbs.

Even though thats not the case anymore, its still hard to talk about.  I can't remember the last time I told anyone my real weight.  I could pretty much say it was whatever I wanted because no one had a scale that could weigh me.

No one that is except me...
(OK, if I could buy a scale that goes to 1,000lbs then someone else could too. My point is I didn't know anyone else with a scale that could.)

Good thing I had that scale too, because seeing
- 607 -
In that ominous, evil red digital scale font.
Was the straw that broke the camel's back.  I never even considered I would one day weight OVER 600 lbs.  You think its uncomfortable to read?  Try typing it about yourself in a forum that anyone can see.  It has to be done though, pain is how we grow...

It was around the time I set my Goal to lose weight in the year 2011.  The truth came out.  I'm not proud of the fact that I wasn't honest about my weight.  However, it shows us one of the things we know about being human.  We lie.  Everyone lies.  Some do it to get gain or to inflict harm on others, but certainly not everyone.  However, everyone does lie to avoid pain.  Pain of someone knowing what you did or who you are.  Its something each of us will have to work on everyday of our lives.

I had toyed with the idea of setting my goal at a weight loss of 300lbs.  Many friends on FACEBOOK, at Church and work, took the time to share their opinions and give me some feedback.


I considered all things and I opted to set my goal for 
- 240lbs -
Ironically, My Overall goal weight is to reach a Healthy 240 and sustain it.  However thats not what I mean this time when I said 240 lbs.  I will lose an avg of 20 lbs a month for the year of 2011, losing a total of 240lbs and weighing 367lbs on New Years eve.

Even though my goals are large, I have milestones of success set up for myself all along the way.  The first Milestone was to lose 100lbs.  I accomplished this on Saturday 02/26 when I hit 505.
(The day before I was 508, a loss of -99lbs)

Quickly there after on Tuesday March 1st, I hit 498lbs.
Its a good feeling to know that just 4 months ago my weight started with a 6 and now it starts with a 4.  The next goal is to get to 3's