Thursday, March 31, 2011

Got Any Advice on Gyms, Personal Trainers, Exercise etc... I want to hear it!

My Dad, his sister, his Dad...

All have had Both Knees replaced.  In hindsight I wish I was more careful with my Knees instead of accelerating my condition by being Morbidly Obese the majority of my life...
But they say Hindsight is 20/20.

Luckily my back pain has only gotten better and better as I become more active and shed LBS so I am encouraged that my Back issues were strictly weight related.

So My 2011 Goal is to Lose 247lbs...

I am already more than half way there.  However, I know the next 9 months will not be a walk in the park. I need a Personal Trainer to help me find effective Cardio and Strength Training exercises that I can do working around my Knees.

I have lost just over 140 lbs since I started my 2011 Goal (Nov. 1st).
The first 4 months I lost 80 lbs or an AVG of 20 lbs a month.
This last 6 weeks with significant changes to my diet. I doubled my loss from  -5 lbs a week to -10 lbs a week.  I have lost just over 60 lbs in the last 6 weeks.

(See my early Blog about what I did to lose the first 80lbs on my own.)

This last 6 weeks (-60lbs)
I started working with Red Mountain Weight Loss center.

•        Drink Only Water. (No more Beloved Pepsi)
•        Drink 16 glasses (2 gallons) of Water a day. (This is hard, I get close most days)
•        Only eat 4 times a day; 2 Meals & 2 snacks, no grazing in between
•        2 Meals (10 am & 6 pm) are made of 8 oz of Lean Protein (Chicken, Steak, Fish)
•        And 8 oz of a Vegetable (Asparagus, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Spinach)
•        2 Snacks (6 am & 2 pm)  are each 1 serving of Fruit
          (Orange, Apple, ½ a Grapefruit or 6 Large Strawberries)
•        8 hours of sleep (also very hard for me...)
•        25 minutes of Cardio everyday (I am about to triple this starting 04/01/11)
•         No eating from 6pm – 6am to reset my body.
•         HCG drops under my tongue 2x daily (I will stop these when I run out in about a week)

By doing this I have lost an AVG of 10lbs a week.

I do take HCG drops 2x daily, however HCG does NOT help you lose weight or control your appetite.
 
HCG only tells the body NOT to burn Lean Muscle or Structural Tissue.  HCG also concentrates your fat burning from your Torso instead of from all over your body.  (Which is why the body naturally produces this Hormone in woman immediately after childbirth.)
 
I do the HCG because I was getting it free during the radio competition I was in. Now that I have to pay for it I won't and I'll tell you why. The diet & schedule Red Mountain & I laid out for me to follow is responsible for the -60lbs lost.  However, I have lost 12" Inches off my waist thanks to the HCG concentrating on my torso or “Belly Fat”.

The reason why I won'y pay for it is because HCG really isn’t designed for someone my size.  I’m not going to burn anything but fat at this point and wherever that fat comes from is fine.  The key is HCG does nothing if you are doing nothing to burn fat….

I still need to lose another 80lbs to reach my goals for this year and I should be able to do that as long as I keep working and don't quit.  However, I am realistic that this 80 will be as hard to lose or harder than the first 140...

My goal is to start an exercise routine By April 1st.  Which is tomorrow, I've been researching and working on it since the 17th of March when the "Chubby Hubby" contest ended.  So I feel I am ready to "pull the trigger" but I want to make sure I have looked at it from all angles and considered all possibilities.

Any Feedback or Suggestions on Diet and Especially on Exercise, Gyms, Personal Trainers etc... Is encouraged and welcomed.

Thank You,
GDPIII -