Friday, February 25, 2011

Week One Results & Weigh In

ITS THURSDAY!!!  Which for the next 4 weeks means I go to Red Mountain WLC at Noon.

While there I was Weighed, Measured, Interviewed on camera and given advice.
It is a very similar process to how Organic Ranchers raise their Cattle...
(I say that Jokingly, Aime my Nurse Practitioner from Red Mountain, is Truly incredible.)

So, I have lost 17lbs, 6 inches around my Equator and my Blood pressure was 122/82
(A Truly amazing BP for a person of my size. Translation: My Ticker is Strong like Bull!)
It is completely unnecessary for me to mention that I lost more weight, and inches than anyone else...

Even though we had our Orientation and Consultations last Thursday.
The Competition actually began on Monday Feb. 21st.  Which means it was a shorter week.
Let me break down for you how it went: Thurs. 17th - 527 / Mon. 21st - 524 / Thurs. 24th - 510... Nope that is NOT a misprint.  GDPIII, lost 14lbs in the last 72 hours... I wouldn't believe it myself if my Furniture wasn't fitting so much better.



It hasn't ALL been Awesome. This is the worst withdrawals I have ever experienced from Caffeine & Sugar.

So what is it I am doing... It doesn't have a name.  Aime and I put it together using her Medical Understanding of the Body, Digestion and Metabolism.  And my realistic opinion of what things I would and would not be able to stick too.  The plan will change after 30 days, and again after 90 days, etc... As I slowly start to Reintroduce, Healthy Fats, Grains, Dairy and moderate Carbs back in my diet.

I shed 14lbs (6.36 Kilo's) in the last 72 hours by following this plan.

  • I drink 2 full gallons of water a day (I am the opposite of dehydrated... I Slosh when I walk) 
  • I haven't had Sugar or Carbs since Sunday and even longer without Caffeine.  
  • I eat Two meals a day with 8oz of Lean Protein & 8oz of a Vegetable, Only.
  • I eat Two meals (snacks) That consist of only 1 serving of Fruit. (an Apple, Orange, 6 Strawberries)
  • Other than a Multi Vitamin, NOTHING else goes in my body.  



The Goal of doing this for 30 days is to Direly Shock my system, without slowing down my Metabolism or depriving my body of Macro or Micro Nutrients. Not only will I build some weight loss momentum.  I can reset my routines and habits.  Then I can start over fresh, clean slate, with a new schedule and new habits.

Physically, I feel great and I have tons of energy. My shirts fit better and my knees are improving. 
Mentally & Emotionally... That is a different story.
You know how in Brazil, They call Brazil Nuts... Nuts.
Well, that is similar to how I call Comfort Food... Food.
And right now I am restricting and reducing that Comfort, significantly.  It has to be done and its not unbearable, just... Uncomfortable.  I am outside my Comfort Zone, WAY OUTSIDE.

The only way I can describe this feeling is to say it feels like my Soul is in a Death Spiral.
Yet in the midst of this Chaos, I have written more Stand-up Comedy Material this week. Than I have written in the last 18 months.  There is some seriously funny poop that has come out of my brain.

If I just had a forum where I could share my comic genius with others...